Welcome to the home page of CEBRA, the Central Bank Research Association. The mission of CEBRA is to encourage applied and theoretical research on topics relevant to central banks, financial regulators, international financial institutions, and fiscal authorities, as well as to connect the research staff of these institutions with academia.
Call for Papers: CEBRA’s 2018 Annual Meeting co-organized with the Research Center SAFE at Goethe University Frankfurt, August 20-21, 2018
The meeting features a keynote speech by Jens Weidmann, as well as high-level panels organized by the International Monetary Fund, Deutsche Bundesbank, and the Financial Stability Board.
The meeting features 20 contributed sessions on a wide range of policy-relevant research topics. Submissions are being sought for the following list of topics:
- Household Finance and the Transmission of Monetary Policy organized by the ECB
- Housing Markets and the Macroeconomy organized by the Norges Bank
- Balance Sheet Recovery of Households and Firms: What Can we Learn from Micro-Data? organized by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Macroprudential Policies and the Housing Market organized by the Bank of Israel
- Global Challenges from Asynchronous Exit from Unconventional Monetary Policies organized by the ECB
- International Spillovers of Monetary Policy Through Banks organized by IBRN
- Policy Challenges in Open Economies organized by the Swiss National Bank
- International Trade and Macroeconomics – CEBRA International Trade and Macroeconomics Program Session
- Multinational Firms and Capital Flows – CEBRA International Finance and Macroeconomics Program Session
- Globalization and Productivity organized by Compnet
- Macroeconomic Effects of Trade Costs & Sources of Macroeconomic Synchronization organized by the Bank of England
- Global Inflation Dynamics organized by the Oesterreichische Nationalbank
- Monetary Policy Frameworks organized by the Bank of Canada
- Monetary Policy and Macro-finance – CEBRA Monetary Policy and Macro-Finance Program Session
- Inflation and Inflation Expectations organized by the Research Center SAFE & Goethe University Frankfurt
- Micro Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations – CEBRA presidential session
- Policy Lessons from Central Banking History organized by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Liquidity and Market Functioning I organized by the Deutsche Bundesbank
- Liquidity and Market Functioning II organized by the BIS
- Financial Intermediation and Liquidity organized by the Research Center SAFE & Goethe University Frankfurt
The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2018. The Call for Papers (pdf) can be downloaded here.
David Lopez-Salido elected as inaugural Director of the Monetary Policy and Macro Finance research program. Researchers and institutions interested in contributing to this Research Program are asked to get in touch with David. More information is available here.
CEBRA’s 2017 Headline Events (For more events see our news feed):
Call for papers of the Workshop for Commodities and Macroeconomics, September 28‐29, 2017 at the Federal Reserve Board, Washington, DC. Deadline has passed, program can be accessed here.
2017 Annual Conference of the International Trade and Macroeconomics Program, Hosted by the Bank of Italy, October 5-6, 2017, Rome, Italy. Deadline has passed, preliminary program can be accessed here.
2017 Annual Meeting of the International Finance and Macroeconomics Program, Hosted by the Bank of England’s Moorgate Auditorium, October 19-20, 2017, London. Deadline has passed, program can be accessed here.
2017 Annual Meeting of the Central Bank Research Association, Hosted by the Bank of Canada, July 20-21, 2017, Ottawa, Canada. The 2017 annual meeting features six sessions jointly organized by CEBRA and the Bank of Canada. Further, the meeting features special sessions organized by the Bank for International Settlements, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank, as well as an invited session organized by the National Bureau of Economic Research. The deadline for submissions was 28 January 2017. The Program can be accessed here.
CEBRA’s sessions at the WEAI meetings, San Diego, June 25-29, 2017. CEBRA will be organizing four sessions at this event. Additionally, we are inviting our members to submit complete sessions. The deadline for submission was 22 January 2017. Access the program here.
CEBRA’s BOSTON POLICY WORKSHOP, July 09, 2017, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, MA, USA. Submission deadline was 22 January 2017. Access the program here.
CEBRA’s 2016 Headline Events:
New: Video Highlights from the Event. International Trade and Macroeconomic Interdependence in the Age of Global Value Chains, CEBRA-Bank of Lithuania-National Bank of Poland-CEPR, Vilnius, 15-16 September 2016. Access the call here.
Portland (OR), June 29 – July 3, 2016: CEBRA sessions on real exchange rates, global banks and international linkages, and labor mobility at the Western Economic Association meetings – Access the program here