The Payment Systems Strategy Unit of the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) is part of the Payments, Risk Monitoring and Financial Literacy Directorate. It is responsible for developing payment systems strategies in line with the OeNB’s strategic objectives and for ensuring a stable and secure payment systems sector in Austria. Following the Governing Council’s decision on the next phase of the ECB’s digital euro project, the OeNB decided to launch a local project to prepare for the digital euro. The aim of the project is to support the ECB’s activities by providing local impact analysis, communication and stakeholder management for the Austrian market and to support future market experiments.
As of 1 January 2024 we are looking for a Product Owner for the Digital Euro Project.
- Product owner for the digital euro at the OeNB and leader of an agile team
- Contributing to the ECB’s digital euro project, e.g. exploring design issues related to distribution, different technology approaches to ensure privacy, designing an efficient and user-friendly dispute management
- Conducting analysis, benchmarking against best practices and examples from the market and other central banks
- Active stakeholder management and market communication
- Representation of the OeNB in national and international bodies and active participation in conferences and panel discussions
- Liaising with various international bodies within the Eurosystem (e.g. European Commission, Euro Retail Working Group)
- Planning, preparation and prioritisation of product backlogs
- Participation and work in Eurosystem working groups and representation of the OeNB
- Master’s degree in business administration or economics
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in managing agile projects (with a bank or bank consultancy, financial service or payment service providers or technology companies with strong market experience)
- Relevant experience as product owner
- Long-standing experience with, and very good understanding of, payment transactions and new payment instruments as well as digital (banks) solutions
- Very good understanding of front-end payments solutions and/or digital wallets
- Excellent written and oral command of German and English
- Very good analytical skills regarding both business and technical issues
- Suitability for positions of seniority and well-rounded can-do attitude
- Very good communication skills (e.g. for giving presentations or leading workshops)
- Very good user skills for MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- High level of commitment and flexibility
- Team spirit
What we offer
- Challenging tasks in one of the largest projects in the Eurosystem
- Working in an international environment
- A wide variety of training and career possibilities
- Family-friendly work policies (e.g. company kindergarten, holiday camps for children of staff)
- Easy access to public transport
- Benefits include flexible working hours and working from home, a staff restaurant, in-house medical care, corporate fitness benefits, etc.
- Weekly normal working hours of 38.5 hours, separate overtime pay
The position is limited to maximum 24 months (January 2024 to January 2026).
Based on the required level of education and working experience, the annual gross salary is EUR 76.350,- (full-time, excluding overtime). Candidates with appropriate training and several years of professional experience will receive a higher salary in line with market standards.
To further enhance diversity, the OeNB particularly encourages applications from female candidates. In case of equal merit, preference will be given to female applicants. Applications from candidates with disabilities are expressly encouraged.