We are delighted to announce CEBRA’s upcoming webinar series on Inflation!
One of the most pressing current macroeconomic issue is the global re-emergence of inflation. The series brings together speakers on inflation topics of interest to academics, central bankers and economic policy makers. The webinar series aims to highlight recent research into the drivers of current inflation trends.
- Raphael Schoenle (Brandeis University, CEBRA)
- Dominic Smith (US Bureau of Labor Statistics BLS)
- Session 1: “New insights from index methodology” (Co-organized by the Center for Inflation Research): Tuesday, November 29th at 5 PM CET / 11 AM EST (duration: 45 min.)
- Session 2: “Understanding Inflation Dynamics”: Tuesday, December 13th at 5 PM CET / 11 AM EST (duration: 45 min.)
- Lara Loewenstein (Nov. 29), Research Economist in the Banking and Finance Group, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland: Disentangling Rent Index Differences: Data, Methods, and Scope
- Christoffer Jessen Weissert (Nov. 29), Economist, Danmarks Nationalbank: A Nonhomothetic Price Index and Inflation Heterogeneity
- Sergio Ocampo Diaz (Dec. 13), Assistant Professor, Western University: How Robust are Robust Measures of PCE Inflation?
- The webinar on Nov. 29th will be moderated by Rob Rich (Director of the Center for Inflation Research & Senior Economic and Policy Advisor, Center for Inflation Research), the moderator for Dec. 13th will be announced shortly.