CO-DIRECTORS: ROB RICH, FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF CLEVELAND AND RAPHAEL SCHOENLE, BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY
Check out a novel measure of inflation expectations: click here for our new website Indirect Consumer Inflation Expectations.
The “Inflation: Drivers and Dynamics” (IDD) Program brings together researchers with interests in inflation and its underlying determinants. The goal of the program is to draw upon the expertise of academics and policymakers to improve our understanding of the inflationary process, its welfare consequences and business cycle properties, and statistical methods that offer greater forecast accuracy. A current focus of the program lies in the analysis of surveys to inform micro-founded models of consumer and firm behavior which are related to inflation, such as the formation of inflation expectations and the roles that inflation expectations play in the monetary transmission process.
|The Center for Inflation Research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is the official sponsor of the Inflation: Drivers & Dynamics research program.|
The program is led by its Co-Directors Rob Rich and Raphael Schoenle (Term 2020-2024) and an Advisory Committee of leading central bank and academic researchers. The current members of the Advisory Committee are as follows:
- Klaus Adam – University of Oxford, Deutsche Bundesbank, CEPR, CFS
- Carlos Carvalho – Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro
- Luca Dedola – European Central Bank, CEPR
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko – University of California Berkeley, NBER, IZA
- Sarah Lein – University of Basel, CEPR, KOF ETH Zurich
- Daniel Levy – Bar-Ilan University, Emory University
- Lucrezia Reichlin – London Business School
- Ricardo Reis – London School of Economics and Political Science
- Barbara Rossi – ICREA-Univ. Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona School of Economics, and CREI
- Michael Weber – University of Chicago Booth School of Business, CEPR
Now closed: Call for Papers: Fourth Biennial Conference on New Dimensions of Monetary Policy. Warsaw, September 22-23, 2022
For more information see the conference website.
Narodowy Bank Polski (NBP) in cooperation with the Bank of Lithuania and the CEBRA Inflation: Drivers & Dynamics Program is organizing a conference to discuss current issues in the area of monetary economics.
- The deadline for submissions was 3 May 2022 (6 p.m. GMT)
- Contributors were notified on 5 May 2022
- Conference registration opens: 15 May and closes 1 June 2022.
Dorota Kasińska (NBP), Paweł Kopiec (NBP), Povilas Lastauskas (Bank of Lithuania), Krzysztof Makarski (NBP), Robert Rich (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and CEBRA), Raphael Schoenle (Brandeis University and CEBRA).
The annual Inflation: Drivers and Dynamics 2021 conference, co-sponsored by the Center for Inflation Research and the European Central Bank, took place on October 7–8, 2021. The conference was held virtually. Please use this link to get to the conference webpage and the recorded sessions.
Peter Karadi, Ed Knotek, Christiane Nickel, Chiara Osbat, Mathieu Pedemonte, Robert Rich, Raphael Schoenle